Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Replacing a door knob

Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 1/20/2014 7:23 PM, N8N wrote:
http://imgur.com/a/uWG2F

just replace it, Schlage is a decent consumer grade lockset, and
inexpensive enough that it's not worth trying to repair what you
have. If you are concerned about security go to a real locksmith shop
and see what they recommend. Likely you will be told that any key in
knob setup like what you have is relatively insecure and that you
should consider adding a deadbolt. Medeco/Assa Abloy is a step up
from most of the stuff you will find at the big boxes, but you'll pay
for it.

good luck

nate

Schlage changed their design a couple years ago.
I don't much like the new ones.

I haven't seen the new Schlages, but my Schlage front door lock looks
like and is in the same condition as the OP's and it works as well as it
did when first installed in 1984.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY