Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Electrical contact grease?

wrote:
I have a car fog light where the problem is the electrical connector
between the housing and the cable. It doesn't appear badly
corroded or anything. But when it's assembled, wiggling the connector
makes it go on and off.

The way it's designed I can't really get at
it to clean it with emery cloth or anything. I have some electrical
contact cleaner I'm going to try. But aside from that and also
with a view to the future, what do you guys use for that kind of
application? Some kind of grease like product that would prevent
corrosion but conduct electricity would seem to be what I need.
Any products to recommend?

After reading all the responses so far, it seems that since no one has
mentioned it yet, there must be something that WD-40 cannot fix? :-)

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY