Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wind chill and frozen pipes again

On Mon, 20 Jan 2014 16:49:59 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 1/20/2014 12:37 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Mon, 20 Jan 2014 07:35:58 -0500, Stormin Mormon

I vaguely remember someone called me an idiot.

You are the Southbound end of a Northbound horse! You just had to
rattle trader4's cage again didn't you? Karma is gonna get you!

Yep, it's going to be near zero a couple days
this week, which is -17c for centigrade folks.

With the wind chill so far below zero, I think
it's a good couple days to leave a faucet drip
over night. I'm trying to decide to drip the
hot or cold. So far, been thinking hot.

Might also cardboard and staple over some windows
that don't really need light coming in.

Dripping the hot will still allow the cold to freeze - I'd keep them
all dripping, or drain them all.