Dave Mundt

Default jointer + planer/thicknesser $$$ break-even point

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 09:31:41 GMT, Glen wrote:

*snip*

I flatten cupped boards similarly, but I put the board on a piece of MDF
with stop blocks attached fore and aft (very small nails well below the
board height) and wood wedges (held with 2-sided tape, if necessary) at
any off the table high points.

Glen

Hum...that is a really good idea. Usually, the boards I am
working with, though, are 5' to 6' long, and, have found that they go
through the planer ok as is.
ON the other hand, I HAVE used such a carrier when planing
smaller pieces to scarily thin thickness (1/8" or so).
Regards
Dave Mundt