Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Light Fixture MAX bulb wattage

bud-- wrote:
On 1/19/2014 12:00 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 19 Jan 2014 09:59:01 -0700, Tony Hwang
wrote:

bud-- wrote:
On 1/16/2014 12:27 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
bud-- wrote:
On 1/15/2014 1:37 PM,
wrote:
On Wed, 15 Jan 2014 11:13:35 -0600, wrote:

In addition to that, I think Don Klipstein said the heat
produced by
CFLs does not radiate out of the fixture as well as the heat from
incandescents.

Why would that be? Heat is heat!

Incandescents get a lot hotter than CFLs. A higher percentage of
the IR
would be shorter wavelengths, closer to red. My guess is that the
Hi,
IR has longer wave length. Longer than red. Not short.

shorter wavelengths radiate better.

But hotter lamps likely produce more IR toward red which is shorter
wavelength end of the IR band. Cooler CFLs would likely have IR
emissions at the longer wavelength end of the IR band.
Hi,
Just look at heat temperature. CFL is higher than incandescent ones
always. So what you are saying does not make sense.

Speaking of nonsense. WTF is "heat temperature"?

It is the Kelvin temperature rating of the light source (visible light).
Incandescents may be 2700 degrees Kelvin.

It is totally irrelevant to the heat that is dissipated from the lamp
(which is IR).

Hi,
How come? Higher temp. is further away from red, lower temp. is closer
to red. And you say irrellevant? You mean CFL heats as well as
incandescent lamp?