Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

Default Unsolderable wire?

Phil Hobbs wrote:

I don't have TV at home, and there's no way I'd use F connectors for
anything but entertainment.

That's your choice. I can't help that you are absolutely clueless
about the technology. There are millions of miles of Rg/6 with F
fittings used into the UHF range outdoors with a very low failure rate,
and lower leakage than some BNC connectors. If they were crap, they
wouldn't be allowed to use aircraft and commercial two way frequencies.
A couple bad connections in a cable system can shut down an airport, or
the local fire and PD.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.