Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Garage or shop Heater

RogerN wrote:

I went to Wal-Mart last night, didn't see the personal heater but I bought
an $18 ceramic heater, low setting is 750 watts. With a lower power heater
it would be nice with the refrigerator thermostat because if it failed ON,
it would heat but not enough power to overheat the room.

I have an oil filled electric radiator with bad controls, I'm considering
using it with an electronic temperature control and using the alarm output
to turn on an indicator light if the temp is out of range, indicating a
heater failure or too cold even with the heat.

I have a "Kill-A-Watt" I can use to see how much power it takes to keep the
room above freezing.

RogerN

Here is a small programmable controller. Add a relay or solid state
rely to control higher currents. I bought one, but I haven't tried it
yet. It uses a thermocouple. I plan on replacing a bad mecanical
thermostat on a heater, and possibly one on a large solder pot.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110786179586

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.