Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default "Hello sir ! I was just in the area ...

On 20/01/2014 19:21, harryagain wrote:
"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
In article , harryagain
wrote:

"Adrian" wrote in message
On Sun, 19 Jan 2014 18:05:51 +0000, harryagain wrote:

There's not many more blinkered than you here.

Oh, the irony.

If it were viable, it would be being done.
And it isn't.
End of story.

Except we are piling up the nuclear waste with not a clue how to deal
with it.

You really are a ****ing liar harry. You've been told many times that:

1) such waste can be glassified
2) this is being done now
3) it has been being done for 20 years

The difficulty is then what to do with the glass, due to the FUD put
about by liars like you that the material might "leak out" of any
repository it's put in.

Tell me what your experience is to define what is crap and what is not.
Aaah. You read the Daily Mail.

You might like to explain how radioactive material can "leak out" of
the glassy material.

In the meantime, while you try to think up some drivel in response, how
about ceasing to post cock on this ng. Yours in hope rather than
expectation.

Glassifying it is not dealing with the problem.
(Tell me where it is being glassified anyway.)
(Is it being done in the UK?
They still don't know what to do with it when it's been glassyfied..
All it does is it makes it harder to use in a "dirtybomb." They think.

No-one knows what happens to glass after 3,000 years never mind 500,000
years.

However *we* do know that its not very radioactive if it doesn't decay
in a few hundred years.

We also know the so called highly radioactive waste will have gone
through many half lives in 3000 years and won't exist at all in 500.000
years.

The main reason it isn't all being glassified is because that puts it
into a state that is difficult to reprocess and recover useful elements.
At one time that didn't matter but now it is considered worth doing
reprocessing.

That requires you to store it for a few decades to get rid of the worst
of the waste which isn't useful anyway.

You really believe all the soothing crap the nuclear industry puts out.

You don't believe facts at all.