Posted to uk.d-i-y
harryagain[_2_] harryagain[_2_] is offline

Default "Hello sir ! I was just in the area ...

On 20/01/14 13:56, tony sayer wrote:
In article , Terry Fields
scribeth thus
harryagain wrote:

"Terry Fields" wrote in message

Run a car on electricity? You must be mental...

It works very well.

Within its limited range, limited speed, limited accesories, long
charge times and *hugely* expensive replacement batteries.

As you obviously don't have one, how would you know?

I don't need one to know about their shortcomings.

And they won't be really viable until the prime power problem is fixed
and that doesn't look like happening anytime soon;(...

As good as electric transmission is even!...

lithium AIR batteries have te right sort of energy density IN THE LAB to
make a car range of 800 miles and even make a sort of twin otter style
electric aeroplane possible.

BUT they don't exist in safe reliable cheap production quantities or any
of the above.

Yet.

top speed will never be an issue with batteries. You can easily have a
140mph electric car, if you don't mind it only having a 10 mile range.

The issue will always be charging them up if they were to become numerous.
It is early days yet.

I am a trendsetter.
Others will follow later.
Excepting some of the stick-in-the-muds here that can'tsee we are on the
verge of an energy revolution.
They think things can/will always carry on as before.
Well, it's not going to happen.
If you haven't taken precautions, you will be f***d .