Posted to uk.d-i-y
harryagain[_2_] harryagain[_2_] is offline

Default "Hello sir ! I was just in the area ...

"Nightjar" wrote in message
On 20/01/2014 09:33, harryagain wrote:
"Nightjar" wrote in message

You don't need to own one to know that they are limited in range and
speed
or that they take a long time to recharge. My car can do up to 800 miles
on a full tank, can cruise the autobahn at 145mph (130mph on the winter
tyres I have on now) and can refuel in a few minutes. It would suit the
needs of a lot more people than an electric car would.

You are full of drivel as usual.
When did you last drive 800 miles at 145mph?

I didn't claim that both were possible at the same time, any more than I
would expect an electric car to be able to achieve both maximum range and
maximum speed together. However, a trip of several hundred miles mostly at
continental motorway speeds would not be unusual. I need a car that can do
that comfortably and safely, with reasonable fuel economy and a fair load
carrying capacity. No electric car is going to give me that. They might be
suitable as second cars, to go shopping, but they are noticeable by their
absence from any of the reserved parking spaces in local car parks, so
perhaps not many people think that.

I have no need for such a car.
On the ocassion I go on along journey, I fly or take the train.
Just for holidays these days.