Posted to uk.d-i-y
harryagain[_2_] harryagain[_2_] is offline

Default "Hello sir ! I was just in the area ...

"charles" wrote in message
In article , harryagain
wrote:

"Chris J Dixon" wrote in message
Nightjar wrote:

Not many houses will take a 4kWp array on a single roof, although a
bungalow may well do.

I've never considered my 70s semi particularly large, and managed to
accommodate an array of 3,64 kWp. I think that you may be
underestimating actual roof sizes.

In general bungalows have a larger footprint than a 2 storey house, hence
a larger roof. Helps if the roof is gabled (ie none hipped). Also
chimneys can be a problem.

does it? my gable end faces south.

Well your roof is them facing East an West which would give a lesser return.
Also shading then becomes even more of an issue