Posted to uk.d-i-y
harryagain[_2_] harryagain[_2_] is offline

Default "Hello sir ! I was just in the area ...

"Nightjar" wrote in message
On 20/01/2014 09:18, harryagain wrote:
"Chris J Dixon" wrote in message
Nightjar wrote:

Not many houses will take a 4kWp array on a single roof, although a
bungalow may well do.

I've never considered my 70s semi particularly large, and managed
to accommodate an array of 3,64 kWp. I think that you may be
underestimating actual roof sizes.

In general bungalows have a larger footprint than a 2 storey house, hence
larger roof.
Helps if the roof is gabled (ie none hipped). Also chimneys can be a
problem.

I could have got around 6Kwp on mine but made no economic sense of course
go above 4Kwp.

It was a stupid way to band the charges, it should have been on amount
generated rather size of installation.

Size of array is easier to administer. It is an absolute figure that is
fixed at the time of installation.

Makes little difference since the amount generated varies accoding to
position and weather.