Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Electrical contact grease?

On Mon, 20 Jan 2014 12:30:47 -0500, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
Hmm,
What do you think dielectric mean?
I used it all the time in my working days.
Regarding cleaning the pins you can find a pointied small brush.

Dielectric is used for AC circuits (mostly at RF). Often the grease is used
in RF connectors to keep water out.

As the circuit is an auto fog light, which most likely operates at DC, the
dielectric does not come into play.

Not sure what you think it means, but it does not mean water prof or
anything to do with water.

---

A dialectric is a "polarizable insulator" in "simple" terms.