Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

Default Unsolderable wire?

On Mon, 20 Jan 2014 11:10:46 -0500, Phil Hobbs
wrote:

On 01/20/2014 08:46 AM, dave wrote:
Use Snap-N-Seal type F-connectors. They are moisture proof and
positively crimp correctly.

I don't have TV at home, and there's no way I'd use F connectors for
anything but entertainment.
Cheers
Phil Hobbs

Ok, I'll bite. What's wrong with F-connectors? There are zillions
installed on indoor and outdoor CATV installations with no failures or
issues. Certainly there are connectors with better specifications,
but for the intended purpose and cost ($0.30/ea), F-connectors are
more than adequate. The only real problem I've found is the wide
variety of cables claiming to be RG-6/u. Making a connector that will
fit all these RG-6/u mutations is tricky, but T&B has done a decent
job with their "red" SNS1P6U Snap-N-Seal connectors:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221344116756

So, what's wrong with F-connectors and what would you recommend the
CATV industry use instead?

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D