Posted to uk.d-i-y
harryagain[_2_] harryagain[_2_] is offline

Default "Hello sir ! I was just in the area ...

"Chris J Dixon" wrote in message
Nightjar wrote:

Not many houses will take a 4kWp array on a single roof, although a
bungalow may well do.

I've never considered my 70s semi particularly large, and managed
to accommodate an array of 3,64 kWp. I think that you may be
underestimating actual roof sizes.

In general bungalows have a larger footprint than a 2 storey house, hence a
larger roof.
Helps if the roof is gabled (ie none hipped). Also chimneys can be a
problem.

I could have got around 6Kwp on mine but made no economic sense of course to
go above 4Kwp.

It was a stupid way to band the charges, it should have been on amount
generated rather size of installation.