Posted to alt.home.repair

Default hole size for taps

On Sun, 19 Jan 2014 15:42:09 -0500, willshak
wrote:

Terry Coombs wrote:
wrote:
On Sunday, January 19, 2014 9:08:32 AM UTC-5, herb white wrote:
I need a chart that tells what size hole to drill when cutting
threads in metal. Where would I find that ? thanks a lot herb
I'd bet that if you used google, you'd find it in about 5 secs.
Google is your friend.

Google is *NOT* your friend !! It is one of the biggest data-mining
operations on the web , and they have been known to turn over your info to
the feds . A much better option is
www.Startpage.com , which uses Google's
search function but they do not record or store any of your information .
There are other search engines that are similar , but I like startpage .

There is nothing on the web that is your 'friend'. The whole internet is
based on ad revenue. You might say that these newsgroups are friendly,
but then you have the HomeownersHub, et al. which steals the posts here
and puts them on their website which is funded by ads.

Why do you believe that Ads == bad?