Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What's a great way to clean surface of new stainless steel fridge - keeps rusting!

On Sat, 18 Jan 2014 19:33:34 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Sun, 19 Jan 2014 02:51:19 +0000 (UTC), Danny D'Amico
wrote:

On Mon, 06 Jan 2014 10:34:28 -0600, philo wrote:

Stainless steel does not rust. If your stuff is rusting, you were cheated.

What he said, except that *some* stainless steel apparently does rust,
depending on the amount of iron in it.

Test SS with a magnet. If it sticks, move along.

Not necessarily. Some SS is magnetic.

My outdoor gas grill is SS with no rust. I took a magnet with me when
I bought the unit. Exterior, SS grates and brass burners.

Do not expect a fridge to be of the same quality SS.

I suppose it depends on what you're paying for a 'fridge. I *expect*
high quality SS if that's what I'm paying for. I certainly don't
expect it to rust. Ever.