Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Anybody here into tube amps?

wrote in message
Greetings Tubulars,
So I have this crazy idea to build a little tube amp just for fun.
The
transformers are quite expensive though. I will be looking for old
ones probably because I can't justify spending loads on new ones. So
considering my almost 60 years old ears, 39 of which have been spent
in noisy environments, and my propensity to listen to loud music,
what
should I look for that will sound just a little better than I can
hear?

Better speakers, properly placed.

Maybe not an audio xmfr will be OK. There are some old tube amps
in a couple local thrift stores. How can I tell if they had good
xmfrs? Or can I?
Eric

http://lenardaudio.com/education/14_valve_amps_5.html

jsw