Posted to uk.d-i-y
Terry Fields Terry Fields is offline

Default "Hello sir ! I was just in the area ...

harryagain wrote:

"Terry Fields" wrote
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-le...ste_management

Other countries have realised this, but not our numpty government.

There's waste, and then there's waste.

Fly ash from coal-fired stations is radioactive, but isn't treated as
hazardous, whereas if it came from a nuclear site the same level of
activity would require stringent controls.

Nuclear waste can be burnt in power-generating reactors designed for
the task.

Fiction.

It's perfectly feasible. The science is known.

Tell me where these reactors are.

People who use the National Grid as a storage battery while claiming
how efficient their taxpayer-subsidised CO2-increasing 'renewables'
don't like the idea, and we mustn't upset them by introducing
realities into their blinkered view of life.

--
Terry Fields