Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nightjar Nightjar is offline

Default "Hello sir ! I was just in the area ...

On 19/01/2014 08:36, tim...... wrote:

"Nightjar" wrote in message

Small industrial units are a much better investment than commercial
properties as a whole. As they attract start-up businesses, they are
in constant demand. If anything, the recession increased the demand as
more people decided to go it alone. It also helps that nobody seems to
be building them these days.

I don't know what you mean by small, but there are some small industrial
units near me that have been empty since they built them, 5 years ago.

By small I mean 1,000 sq ft or less. That will suit most one or two man
businesses.

They don't appear, to me, to be in a poor location, but they seem
incapable of renting them (perhaps they are just looking for 25 years
terms)

It will depend upon a lot of factors. There is one estate in my area
that was built by a development company that has a very bad reputation
as a landlord. That always has a lot of empty properties.

Colin Bignell