Posted to uk.d-i-y
harryagain[_2_] harryagain[_2_] is offline

Default "Hello sir ! I was just in the area ...

On 18/01/14 10:20, Tim Watts wrote:
On Saturday 18 January 2014 07:50 harryagain wrote in uk.d-i-y:

High prices were neccessary to get the industry started.

Oi - not with me paying!

High prices were not necessary to get any other industry started. Either
they were covered by private investment (say LCD TV panels) , or the
products was so good that people were prepared to pay the price (as in
computers, early on).

Cost of wind turbines remains static after 30 years at around £1m/Mw.

Solar panels are even more expoesnive. And without batteries they are only
half a solution anyway, batteries haven't been getting cheaper either.

Harry is just spouting the usual drivelling greeny bollox that has
resulted in him being in my killfile for the last year.

Yet here you are with your usual drivel.
http://www.seas.harvard.edu/news/201...newable-energy

http://cleantechnica.com/2014/01/13/...-breakthrough/