Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Basement Window Replacement

On Sat, 18 Jan 2014 22:30:19 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

At one time I did a lot of automatic door, storefront and commercial
glass work. Tempered glass is very strong and someone can actually
bounce off if they run into it but popping it with a center punch will
cause it to shatter into little chunks. A lawyer in Toronto liked to
impress people by running into and bouncing off the windows of his law
firm's 40 story office suite. He did it several times until the last
time when he either broke the tempered glass when the sharp edge from
his watch hitting the glass causing it to shatter or the whole window
popped out sending the idiot for a 40 story drop to his death. I have to
wonder what that moron thought on his way down? I always recommended
laminated safety glass in the doors for customers because it held
together when broken and made it more difficult for someone to break in.
But most of the new doors I installed had tempered glass. ^_^

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garry_Hoy

TDD

If I recall, this story was featured on 1000 ways to die on
television.