Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Basement Window Replacement

On 12/31/2013 5:55 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
" wrote:
I like the ability to open at least one basement window, typically
the one farthest from the basement stairs. This makes it possible
to air out the basement in the event one of my electronic projects
goes up in smoke, or if I need to run a pipe out the basement for a
temporary sump pump discharge while I am changing out the sump pump
motor, both of which I have had to do at least once in the 48 years
we have been in this house

I'm fortunate enough to have a walk out basement with a door. The
door happens to be in my shop, so most reasons to need to air out the
basement happen in the room with the door. I also have an antique
industrial fan that moves a heck of a lot of air. (It can dry a pair
of jeans in a couple of hours) I often set it up on a stool by the
open door when I'm doing something odoriferous.

My own farts bother me too. ^_^

TDD