Posted to alt.home.repair
metspitzer metspitzer is offline

Default How to get on a mailing list

On Sat, 18 Jan 2014 18:24:15 -0600, philo* wrote:

On 01/18/2014 05:16 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
I had never heard of "Neighbor to Neighbor" before. While talking to
my aunt on the phone, she discovered that I also got my hair cut at
"Great Clips" She told me that a local flyer she gets in the mail N2N
had a coupon for a discount on haircuts. I found out that there is an
online version of N2N. I went online and printed a coupon and took it
in to "Great Clips" for a haircut. I now get N2N in the mail.

I really get tired of having to move stuff from the mailbox to the
trash can.

I would say the most likely thing that happened was when I used the
coupon, "Great Clips" put me on N2N's mailing list. I had been using
"Great Clips" for at least 3 years. I assume cashing the coupon
somehow enables "Great Clips" to sell/share my info with N2N (and who
knows who else).

The first time I went into the store, they asked for my name and
address "for the computer" and when I go in they ask for my phone
number. I never really objected before but now that I have made the
connection, I may not furnish any more stores with my personal
information. It really isn't personal, is it?

Glad I'm bald and don't have to deal with that.

Go to N2N. Maybe you can find a Rogaine coupon.