Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default "Hello sir ! I was just in the area ...

In article , Nightjar
scribeth thus
On 18/01/2014 18:23, tony sayer wrote:
Wise words...

Normal people (particularly ones who have at some point been tenants) at
least have a basic understanding of the domestic market - what's
expected, "would I live there" and rental rates (easily checked by a
rummage on Zoopla etc).

Vetting new tenants is a fairly well understood process as is dealing
with them when they default (acknowledged that sometimes this is not
always easy, back to good vetting in the first place).

I would not have a clue about commercial[1] - except that I see a lot of
commercial property sit empty for long periods.

Yes why does that happen?, we were looking at a unit in Cambridge around
8 years ago for a customer only problem was it was too large.

You have just answered your own question.

Colin Bignell

No, it was too large for what they needed, it wasn't that big overall...

--
Tony Sayer