Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default "Hello sir ! I was just in the area ...

On Sat, 18 Jan 2014 16:19:46 +0000, Nightjar wrote:

Randomly choosing a commercial property to "buy to rent" could as
easily see you getting a 25 year return of 0% income and a loss on
capital invested, instead of the "luck" that Colin has had (though ISTR
he rents the property that he owns, to a company that he owns, so he
has no risk of the tenant doing a flit - this is not something that 99%
of owner can rely upon).

I stopped renting properties to my own companies when I retired.

There'd also be a fairly big problem-in-waiting. If ever your company
fails, you've instantly lost the income from your investment at the same
time...