Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim...... tim...... is offline

Default "Hello sir ! I was just in the area ...

"Weatherlawyer" wrote in message
On Saturday, 18 January 2014 11:14:12 UTC, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Cost of wind turbines remains static after 30 years at around £1m/Mw.

Please explain that.
How could a machine cost the same to run when it is 30 years old and older
than the pound per meter per megawat it costs now?
(Shouldn't that read per square meter?)

(Wind foils and spherical geometry are OK by me; it's the maths that does my
head in.)

He means they cost the same to new-build

Unlike other "electronic" devices, the costs haven't come down by a factor
of 10 (in absolute term, 30 in relative terms)

That's hardly surprising. 90% of the costs of a wind turbine is the
"building" it sits in, not the electronics.

tim