Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Rotary Table Chuck Adapter

"Paul Hovnanian P.E." wrote in message
I have a small table top mill (Grizzly), a rotary table and a four
jaw chuck
I'd like to fit onto the rotary table. The chuck has no through
holes
through which I can access the tee nuts to hold it to the table.
Only blind
holes on the back. The chuck is also the same size as the rotary
table, so
it covers the tee slots completely.

Easy solution: Make a round base with a recess turned around the
side where
I can reach in with a wrench and tighten bolts into the tee nuts.

But I'm thinking; Is there a way to tighten a tee nut with a cam,
wedge or
whatever from the side of the adapter plate? The idea here is to
keep the
adapter as low profile as possible.

--
Paul Hovnanian

Perhaps you could disassemble the rotary table and drill it for bolts
from underneath.
jsw