Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default "Hello sir ! I was just in the area ...

On 18/01/14 10:20, Tim Watts wrote:
On Saturday 18 January 2014 07:50 harryagain wrote in uk.d-i-y:

High prices were neccessary to get the industry started.

Oi - not with me paying!

High prices were not necessary to get any other industry started. Either
they were covered by private investment (say LCD TV panels) , or the
products was so good that people were prepared to pay the price (as in
computers, early on).

Cost of wind turbines remains static after 30 years at around £1m/Mw.

Solar panels are even more expoesnive. And without batteries they are
only half a solution anyway, batteries haven't been getting cheaper either.

Harry is just spouting the usual drivelling greeny bollox that has
resulted in him being in my killfile for the last year.

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.