Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Daisy-Chaining Light Bulbs: Wire?

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
On 1/16/2014 11:47 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per John Grabowski:
How about posting a picture of this job?

http://tinyurl.com/qfjqfdq

Looks like the zipcord would be totally out
of reach of children. I'd do it if it were
my garage. Though, others would see the metal
work boxes, and insist on grounded 14 AWG
Romex. Sigh.

Remind me never to buy a house you have worked on. Whatever is installed in
a house should be up to the building/nec codes.

Would the insurance cover it if the house burns down and they find wiring
the home owner did that was not up to code ?

I can see why some areas require any wiring be done by licensed contractors
and inspected when people like you do a job like that.

When one sees wiring not up to code out in the open , it makes you really
wonder what kind of hack job is done behind the walls that can not be seen.

I am not sure, and need correcting on the exect part, but I am thinking the
NEC is part of the fire protection code (whatever the exect name of it
is),or an outgroth of it to prevent fires.

---