Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Space heater fans

RobertMacy wrote:
On Wed, 08 Jan 2014 09:15:16 -0700, KenK wrote:

Anyone figured out how to keep the space heater fan motors working? In my
experience, they get annoyingly noisey and sometimes even die long before
the heating element burns out. I've tried oiling them every year but it
doesn't seem to matter - I suspect the bearings are sealed. Besides, some
require major disassembly of the heater housing to get at. My nice Holmes
heater started getting noisey a week or so. I'll get tired of
listening to
it and replace it soon.

Suggestions?

TIA

Completely satisfied with the product AND its repairability bought more
than 4 Markels. Don't like the fan, but like the 'glowing' warmth. Room
can be 'ice cold' but you still feel warm.

Also have 3 'french' brand oil radiators - best for quiet. However one
sprung a leak, what a mess!

Hi,
There is fanless heater too. You get what you pay for.