Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How much mercury is in mercury relays?

On Fri, 17 Jan 2014 09:23:59 -0600, Ignoramus23003

On 2014-01-17, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
"Jim Wilkins" fired this volley in news:lbb7nt$1au$1
@dont-email.me:

Read the Wiki more carefully. The coin shown floating on mercury has a
density of 7.6g/cc, mercury's is 13.534.

Correct! That would make it something over a teaspoonful per contact.
Still a lot, but about half of what I wrote.

LLoyd

I will try to open one up and see. I will do it outdoors

The EPA goons are likely on their way to your house as I type this...

--
Education is that which remains when one has
forgotten everything he learned in school.