Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Win 7 Pro vs XP Pro

On 14/01/2014 19:24, Ian Jackson wrote:

So the only two conclusions I can come to are "Yes, 'too fast' memory
MIGHT screw up your computer" - or maybe it's simply that I've got a
duff pair of PC-6400 (although they did work OK for a week). As I had
problems with my second pair of PC-6400, maybe they are also duff. If
MemTest doesn't show any problems, I'll next try Mike Tomlinson's test
suggestions.

I think someone has already mentioned Prime95 - but its torture test
will often reveal problems hiding in otherwise apparently working hardware.

--
Cheers,

John.