Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How much to replace toilet seal?

"notbob" wrote in message
OK, we've talked at length about replacing the toilet seal
(wax/rubber/whatever). Now, I'm asking, how much should it cost to
have it done professionally. I ask this cuz I'm responsible for my
mother's home. She has alzheimers and I have legal authority to use
her assets to maintain her property, which I've determined is now
necessary.

So, how much should it cost? And how long should it take? Can it be
done inside a day (8hrs)? Is there a flat rate for the job, or can I
be hosed by an inexperienced plumber who charges by the OJT hour? If
I hadda pay, I do it myself, but I don't. So, what should I expect
from a reputable plumber?

BTW, I'm hoping no dry rot, but we'll see. Also, the actual toilet is
in excellent shape. Jes needs new floor seal.

Thnx.
nb

Assuming no problems other than a wax seal gone bad , I can do one in
under an hour and I'm not even a plumber . Should be a minimum-charge call
IMO for most plumbers . If there's anything else that needs to be done be
prepared to be bent over . Once that toilet is up they got you by the nuts
and they know it . Research plumbers in that neighborhood - ask the
neighbors who they use/like , etc .
--
Snag