Posted to alt.home.repair
(PeteCresswell) (PeteCresswell) is offline

Default Daisy-Chaining Light Bulbs: Wire?

Just added six naked light bulbs to the ceiling of my garage and the
improvement in visibility for working is so good that I want to add
three more.

For the six, I threw myself on the mercy of the guy in the Home Depot
electrical aisle: #14 Romex between bulbs.

But when I got home, I realized that the porcelain fixtures used for the
bulbs do not have a ground connection, so the ground wire in the Romex
is wasted.

3 bulbs, 25 watts each... seems like I could just use lamp cord...

Or is there a fallacy in that reasoning?
--
Pete Cresswell