Posted to rec.woodworking
G. Ross G. Ross is offline

Default Happy day -- vacuum pump

Gramps' shop wrote:
Hadn't thought of that, GW. Any specific suggestions on this filter? The chuck is attached with a bearing to a 3/8 inch OD shaft to which I attach the pump with a 3/8 inch ID flex plastic tube.

Mine is the type made for air compressors with the solid porous
ceramic filter inside. Just connect the "in" side to the tube going
to the chuck and the
out connection to the vacuum pump. I believe mine has 1/4" pipe
threads. When it looks dusty inside I take the glass cover off and
blow the filter off.

My connection to the chuck uses a air hose quick-connect fitting which
lets the lathe part rotate without twisting the hose. Yours probably
has a more sophisticated fitting.

--
 GW Ross

 The future ain't what it used to be.