Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Boots electric toothbrush

On 15/01/2014 16:51, Timothy Murphy wrote:
The rechargeable battery in my Boots toothbrush is dying.
I think the brush is about 2 years old.
I'd like to change the battery, but I don't see how to get it out.
If anyone has met and solved this problem, I'd be grateful to learn how.

Dunno about the Boots one. My Philips brush has a disc on the base which
can be unscrewed by using the edge of a coin in its slot. [There's a
label over the disc, which has to be removed first.]

Once you've removed the disc, you can pull the battery out - complete
with its wires (it's the solder tag type). You then have to solder a new
battery in place of the old one, and insert it back into the body of the
brush. It's quite fiddly getting the wires back in - but I've done it a
couple of times during its (quite long) life span.
--
Cheers,
Roger