Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Caulking-Gunn@work.com is offline

Default Light Fixture MAX bulb wattage

On Wed, 15 Jan 2014 11:13:35 -0600, bud-- wrote:

In addition to that, I think Don Klipstein said the heat produced by
CFLs does not radiate out of the fixture as well as the heat from
incandescents.

Why would that be? Heat is heat!

I have a lot of those "boob lights" in my house. They are sealed. So,
for incandescent bulbs, the heat would be somewhat trapped, and could be
hard on the wires and surroundings. Yet, that is the type of bulb that
was originally used. So I feel there is much less of a problem with CFL
bulbs. I am not familiar enough with LED bulbs, but I'd guess that the
heat would be about the same as a CFL.