Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Win 7 Pro vs XP Pro

On Wed, 15 Jan 2014 17:53:28 +0000, polygonum wrote:

On 15/01/2014 07:50, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artÃ*culo , polygonum
escribió:

Recent (i.e. in last year) RAM from Crucial has not been in obviously
anti-static packaging. Just directly within a clear plastic container.
Of course, that might be "special" in some way - but it hasn't been
obvious to me that it is.

It should have the 'anti-static' symbol on it - a hand within a
triangle, crossed out.

http://www.vermason.co.uk/Images/ESD...d_symbol_l.jpg

I cannot be sure that it doesn't, but the packaging looks very like
this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/liewcf/4459164829/

... and I haven't noticed such a symbol.

(That is simply the first reasonable photo of the sort of packaging I
meant. It is not mine!)

It just so happens that I bought some Crucial memory recently, and still
have the packageing. I just went and look at it. It's the clera plastic
as shown in the photo, and the inner tray has embossed:

"ANTI STATIC PACKAGING ESD SAFE"

No symbol, though (apart from the PET 1 one).