Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Win 7 Pro vs XP Pro

On 14/01/2014 20:48, Uncle Peter wrote:
On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 20:41:54 -0000, dennis@home
wrote:

On 14/01/2014 20:37, Uncle Peter wrote:

I can find no evidence online to suggest that 1600MHz memory will fail
at 1066MHz for example, but plenty of people saying "of course you can
use faster memory at slower speed". Prove otherwise.....

I didn't say the memory will fail, I said it may not meet the system
timing.

Which would cause it to fail memtest, and cause crashes.

I don't need to prove otherwise its just a fact.

You need to show a datasheet from a memory manufacturer and explain why
a timing could end up being out of spec by running it slower.

I don't need to do any such thing.
If you want to look into it then you can.
Pay attention to the difference between registered memory and
unregistered memory.