Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Uni-t-fence

"Bill" wrote:

Okay. But having said that, what do you think of this choice of
blades:

(Freud)
LU74R (30-tooth, "glue-line rip")
LU-85R (80-tooth, "ultimate cut-off")

and possibly LU80R ("Ultimate plywood"--so that LU85R above, doesn't
get "abused").

Freud once offered a set of blades consisting of a 24T rip, a 50T
General purpose,
and an 80T cross cut ply.

That set met all my needs when I added the 8" Freud stacked dado set.

Might want to check if the set is still offered at a set price.
"Bill" wrote:

I know there are a lot of Forrest WW-II fans, but the reviews were
not very overwhelming, so it's sort of a tough call (but you can see
which way I'm leaning).

Pardon my French, but after Leon signs off on a blade, who gives a
****
what the rest of the world has to say?

Time to spend some money.

Lew