Posted to rec.woodworking
Keith nuttle Keith nuttle is offline

Default The internet as we know it in the USA just died a bit today.

On 1/14/2014 6:22 PM, woodchucker wrote:
http://www.latimes.com/business/hilt...#axzz2qPxRs4Ey

I heard about this on the 5pm news... this is not good, as we know what
the big companies do when they have a chance. They screw us over so they
can make more money.

Imagine being blocked by your ISP because they provide a competing
service..

While on the surface this is not good, but competition is the word.
Today people are not tied to one internet provider. As with newspapers
if the user does not like the politics and policies of the provider they
go with someone else.

Compare the incomes of Fox News to NBC and some of the other government
networks. NBC has recently restructured because of financial losses.

Look at the Liberal newspapers. They are losing readers, and are
financially cutting back because of the lack of income.

We recently dropped the Raleigh News and Observer because of their
editorial policies. Both of my daughters no longer subscribe. They
are starting to feel the pinch, and some weeks they are calling everyday
for us to resubscribe.

Thank GOD the government has not taken complete control of our
businesses and industry, and we still have some degree of Capitalism
working in our society.