Posted to uk.d-i-y
Uncle Peter[_2_] Uncle Peter[_2_] is offline

Default Win 7 Pro vs XP Pro

On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 22:56:49 -0000, Vir Campestris wrote:

On 14/01/2014 19:12, Uncle Peter wrote:
Since half the RAM I buy is not shipped in antistatic bags....

Get a new supplier.

If someone shipped me RAM that wasn't protected I'd send it straight back.

Andy.

Lots of things don't come as protected as they used to be. Either circuits are less sensitive nowadays, or the number of returns from static does not outweigh the cost of antistatic packaging. Are you one of those folk that still uses a wrist strap?

--
7 wheelchair athletes have been banned from the Paralympics after they tested positive for WD40.