Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default CR2023? CR2032 Batteries

On Mon, 13 Jan 2014, wrote:

Today we received the 2032 cells from Digikey. 100 pcs Panasonic for
$19.25.

Don't pay those horrible drugstore prices.

I don't know. One drugstore here for a while was selling generic
batteries of that kind, relatively cheap. They may still do, and simply
moved them.

I can get them for fifty cents at a the local outlet of the Big Chain
Hiking store here in Canada. Name brand too. Not absolutely cheap, but
cheap enough. Not every type either. I remember buying some small LED
flashers from the store (intended for bicycle use, but useful as handy
little flashlights since they can be put to a constant on) and thinking
when the button cells died, I'd be buying new flashers, since the
batteries would be as expensive. But the store carries replacement
batteries preciesly for that reason.

For odd batteries, some of the dollar store items can offer up button
cells of various kinds. I was buying 99cent laser pointers for a while to
feed batteries into small clocks and the like I had no problem with the
batteries. But then, I needed some white LEDs for something recently, and
bought a 99cent LED flashlight that offered up 5 white LEDs, Handier than
any other source, probably cheaper too. And it's no wonder those
flashlights often have an LED or two not working; the the LEDs in this
flashlight had one side of the leads twisted together (no solder) and the
other leads hoping to make contact with the case of the flashight for the
return. So it's probably a better source of LEDs than a flashlight.

Michael