Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Wife's car

On Mon, 13 Jan 2014 08:30:23 -0600, "Snag" wrote:

micky wrote:
On Sat, 11 Jan 2014 08:10:25 -0600, philo wrote:

On 01/11/2014 06:12 AM, Snag wrote:
hing

Ok great...and NOW you will call the ambulance for your wife?

Well , probably not since she's not seriously hurt . She got
more injuries from slipping and falling on the slick road surface
than she got in the wreck .

Glad she came through ok.

Yes, me too.

Was she able to drive when the wheels were up?

The car has front suspension damage , probably bent the upper strut mount
on the right side . Right wheel is pointed off into the weeds when the left
is straight . I drove it about 1.5 miles from the scene to our place , left

I was joshing. I meant when the wheels were up and the car was sitting
on its roof.

a definite drag mark - and coming down the still-icy gravel road was
interesting , to say the least , as each wheel took turns trying to steer
the car .

One of the two times I lent my car, the 18-year old ran a stop sign (in
a school zone, though at least it was summer time) and was hit
broadside. After the gas station pulled away the fender, I would drive
but it steered to one side. No other suspension damage did the gas
station or Sears comment on but Sears told me the frame was bent ('65
convertibles probably have weak frames.) and I had heard frames could
not really be straightened. I asked him to align the wheels as good as
he could and I promised not to complain. He took out all the shims in
one place, and maybe added one or two somewhere else. The car drove
straight ahead for years, though one tire kept wearing out. I'm
cautious on snow and water and I never noticed a problem. I think I
was right about the frame, which I did not have straightene, because for
a while the top was very hard to latch, then it was easy, then it was
very hard again, I think because the frame kpt changing.