Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Gareth Magennis Gareth Magennis is offline

Default Incorrectly marked transistors?

OK, to follow up on the "wrong parts sent by Behringer" thread,

I recently bought some TIP35C transistors from Farnell UK. Just before I
fitted one to an amplifier I thought I'd just check the pinouts.
Good job I did because instead of BCE they measured BEC.

Anyway I tried to order a different manufacturers part from the Farnel
website but ended up with more of the Mospecs.

Here is the weird bit:
I have 4 Mospec TIP35C in font of me with exactly the same batch codes, they
are all identical and from the same source (Farnell)
3 of them meaure BEC, the fourth one measures the correct BCE pinout.
Measurement done numerous times on a Peak DCA50e component checker, and a
video made to send to Farnel who would not at first believe me.

How is this possible?

Cheers,

Gareth.