Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Ceramic tile install cost

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 1/12/2014 10:26 PM, Snag wrote:

I've heard numbers from $7 to $10 and that sees fair depending on
complexity.

In the Memphis area tile work goes for around 6-8 bucks per square foot
for a standard install . Since you've got some higher-end stuff going on ,
I'd think your tile guy's bill would be a bit higher - if you're paying him
less than around $2000 total you're getting a good deal . This guesstimate
also includes installing the backer board and the shower pan , and doing a
sand/cement "dry mix" floor not really dry , but damp instead of "wet" .

There are some extras to add to that base of $2000. One wall was a bit
out of plumb and is now perfect. There is the row of glass that is
thinner than the tile so he had to build up the strip there. His price
is $220, but I think $2500 is more fair if you count all the hous he has into it.

Allow me to be the first to say it...

$220? Holy crap! That's a great price. What's his name? I'll pay his air
fare to have him retile my bathroom.