Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default How to report this dangerous Chinese crap?

Guv Bob wrote:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Power-Plug-V...-/251418390384

If the link is dead (hopefully it will be soon), search for this....
Power Plus voltage tester RGLH-02

I bought one of these last week (locally - not from ebay) -- on the outside chance that it might not be completely worthless, which it was. First thing I did was check a 110VAC receptable that I knew was live and the light did not illuminate. I wonder how many people will use this death trap to test a circuit, then get shocked.

I took it apart to see why it wasn't lighting up. Everything is loose inside. Even the bulb is not sealed -- the leads are draped out of the glass tube and the metal end caps are pushed over them.

The way it's made, if the light did actually conduct current and you had your hand on the pocket clip, you would get a jolt.

I would like to report this company to the govt so that in case someone does get hurt, they will already be put on notice and will get their butts sued.

Hi,
At least you can report to eBay. Is the bulb neon?
One like that for 12V DC was common tool on automotive
electrical work.