Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default 1/4" phone jack replacement for Behringer 215 speaker.

"David Farber"

This Behringer 215 speaker has two 1/4" phone jacks that are wired in
parallel. It also has two Speakon jacks wired in parallel to facilitate
adding extra speakers to the system. The unit came to me with one broken
1/4" phone jack. The picture of the pc board is here.
http://webpages.charter.net/mrfixite...r/pc-board.jpg
The Speakon jacks were fastened to the back panel of the cabinet with two
screws per jack. On the other end of the screw was a nut. Unfortunately,
the nut wasn't anchored to anything so it was futile to try and remove the
screw. The circuit board prevented me from inserting any tool in there to
hold the nut while I was turning the screw.

** A small, long blade screwdriver does the trick - just wedge the tip
between the nut and the body of the Speakon to prevent it turning.

The jack sockets should be "mono" versions - stereo ones will short out as
you have found.

..... Phil