Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John Robertson John Robertson is offline

Default another odd battery problem

On 01/11/2014 12:49 PM, William Sommerwerck wrote:
I attacked the "bad" Sony battery pack with a Dremel-powered cutoff
disk. It was stuffed with five huge prism cells, each measuring 3 x 7/8
x 1/4. At least two of them appeared to have excessively low voltage.

I have no intention of trying to restore or replace these cells,
especially as they aren't interconnected in the way you'd expect.

The question remains... As nicads and NiMH cells are charged by constant
current (theoretically, anyway), what would cause the total post-charge
voltage to hit nearly eight volts?

I'm no expert, but why not ask you question he

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a...ased_batteries

I've used this site for years when I want to figure out something
battery related...

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com